Roulade light as air and with berry cream filling
This is simple dessert that will amaze your guests and be a beautiful decoration for dinner table. It is also a great way how to use left over egg whites that very often end up in the fridge. Raspberries and mascarpone cream are rolled and encased in this easy meringue roulade – crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside – perfect how it should be.
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Prepare baking tray with baking paper.
- In a big bowl whip egg whites on medium until you have soft peaks. Start to slowly pour in the sugar, , spoon after spoon and beat on high for ~8 minutes until glossy and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and corn starch. Carefully mix it in.
- Spread meringue mixture out on the lined baking tray, leaving a 2cm gap around all sides. Sprinkle sliced almonds and bake it in the oven for ~ 15minutes.
- Take meringue out of the oven and cover it with another sheet of baking paper. Then, by holding it with two hands quickly and carefully turn it around with almond sprinkled side to the bottom on the baking paper. Carefully remove second baking paper.
- Prepare cream by whipping mascarpone cream with vanilla.
- In separate bowl whip heavy cream with spoon of sugar until it is fluffy and thick.
- Mix mascarpone and whipped cream together and evenly spread it above the meringue surface.
- Crash raspberries in puree and spread it above the cream.
- Let’s start rolling. Gently, by using baking paper underneath begin to fold the roulade up and away from you. You can roll the long edge for a longer roll, or roll the short edge for a taller but shorter roll. Decorate it with rest of the cream and fresh berries. And enjoy immediately or after couple of hours and rest in the fridge.
- 5 egg whites
- 200g of sugar
- vanilla extract
- 2 table spoons of cornstarch
- sliced almonds
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml heavy cream
- 300g raspberries for filling and decorating the roulade